Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions
The term Winchester Fine Chocolates or Zara Snell Chocolates refers to the owner of the website. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website. If you wish to contact us regarding any aspect of this or any policy, please contact us at email@example.com.
• The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
• Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
• Whilst we have taken great care in presenting the products on our website as accurately as possible, the images you see will depend on the display and colour capabilities of your monitor. We are therefore unable to guarantee that the product images you see are an accurate representation of the actual product.
• Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
• Winchester Fine Chocolates will not be liable for any damages of any kind arising from the use of this website. We will not be liable for any damages caused by viruses that may affect your computer equipment or other property on account of your access to this website, or your downloading of materials, data, text or images from this website.
• This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
• All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
• Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
• From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
• Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
Sales made from our online shop (including favours ordered directly from the Occasions page)
• All sales made by the company are subject to the following terms and conditions. Nothing contained within these terms and conditions affects your statutory rights.
• All orders require payment in full before they can be accepted. No order will be delivered until payment has been received in full.
• Payment is made online through Stripe, our official merchant processing partner for commerce. Stripe is certified as a PCI Level 1 Service Provider.
• All prices are in Pounds Sterling (£). We do not currently charge VAT.
• We do not currently deliver to locations outside of the UK.
• Prices do not include delivery. See Delivery Information for more detail.
• Once we have received full payment, we will confirm that your order has been accepted by sending an email to you at the email address you provide in your order form. Our acceptance of your order brings into existence a legally binding contract between us.
• We will deliver to the address you provide during the ordering process. You will be notified by email when goods have shipped. It is your responsibility to ensure delivery details are correct. We cannot be held accountable for the failure to deliver if this is as a result of an error in the information you have given us. If the order is returned, you will be responsible for all redelivery costs.
• Please ensure that someone is available to receive the order to avoid delay and additional handling.
• During very warm weather, we may suspend shipping to avoid damage to the products. If we do, we will keep you fully informed. Although we package very carefully, we cannot guarantee delivery conditions in very warm weather.
• We will not be liable for any failure or delay in delivery, or damage of products, caused by any event or circumstance beyond our reasonable control. This will include, but is not limited to strikes, lock-outs and other industrial disputes, breakdown of systems or network access, flood, fire, explosion or accident.
• In the event that we are unable to supply your order for any reason, we will contact you and give you the option of either accepting an alternative or receiving a full and immediate refund.
• Modification or cancellation of an order may be accepted up until when the goods are shipped at our discretion.
• Due to the perishable nature of our products, the right to cancel within 14 days of receipt of goods does not apply.
• All offers are not available in conjunction with other offers.
• You may not offer for sale or re-sell any of our products without our written consent.
Bespoke orders (including wedding favours and corporate orders)
• The price for the order will be stated on the order form. You agree to pay the full price in accordance with the order form after the details have been checked and agreed by you.
• Your order is very important to us. Please take the time to check your copy of your order form carefully and let us know within 3 days if changes are required. It is your responsibility to notify us of any alterations required. We reserve the right to increase the quote in the event that changes are required and agreed. Whilst we will make every effort to assist, please note that changes cannot always be guaranteed.
• All bespoke orders, unless agreed with us previously, require a non-refundable deposit of 50% of the total cost less shipping to secure the order.
• All deposits become due when the order has been placed and all details have been checked and agreed with you.
• All deposits are non-refundable and non-transferable.
• Final payments must be made at least 28 days prior to collection or delivery unless otherwise agreed.
• In the event that a first or subsequent payment is not made or is declined, the order will not be completed or released until alternative funding arrangements have been agreed and payment has been made. Subsequent completion of the order will be subject to availability and cannot be guaranteed. The company accepts no responsibility for any loss however caused or for non-delivery under these circumstances.
• From time to time, certain components for our chocolates or packaging may no longer be available from our suppliers. This is totally out of our control. We will however endeavour to find an alternative as close as possible to the original ordered. In the event we need to offer a replacement component, we will try and contact you to advise you of any changes.
• Your order will be made especially for you and certain components may have to be ordered months in advance. Therefore the following conditions are implemented when a bespoke order is cancelled.
Notice of cancellation given more than 3 months from delivery date – 50% of the total cost less shipping will be payable.
Notice of cancellation given less than 1 month from delivery date – 100% of the total cost less shipping will be payable.
• All cancellations must be made in writing.
•Due to the bespoke and perishable nature of these products, the right to cancel within 14 days of receipt of goods does not apply.
Please be aware that although we may offer products not containing gluten, peanuts, dairy, soy and nut ingredients, these products are still made in a kitchen which handles gluten, peanuts, dairy, soy and nuts. Additionally, the ingredients we use may also contain traces of gluten, dairy, soy or nuts.
We aim to deliver a very high standard of service and product. If you are not happy with any aspect, please get in contact with us and we will do the best we can to work with you and resolve any issues.
When you receive an order from us, please ensure it is consistent with your order and there is no obvious damage. All claims must be made within 48 hours of receipt of the goods. In the first instance, please email us with details at firstname.lastname@example.org